+1.847.827.6680
   +1.800.966.1250


history


History

Packaging Laminators, Inc. (PLI) was founded in 1962 by Ken Hoffman as the laminating and die-cutting subsidiary of PLICON Corporation. The first location for the company was a storefront in the city of Chicago. PLI specialized in laminated and coated paper and film for the electrical coil winding industry, as well as die cut components for audiocassette tapes. The audiocassette market place expanded at an amazing pace requiring the company to relocate.

In 1975, PLI was moved to Elk Grove Village, Illinois and the die-cutting capabilities were enhanced to allow for expansion into the growing, Beta, VHS, and U-Matic Video cassette and 3.5" floppy computer disc markets.

As expansion continued PLI purchased a manufacturing facility in Elk Grove, Illinois and the name was changed to PLITEK. This facility is where PLITEK began manufacturing PLI-VALV® degassing valves for coffee and food packaging and PLI-TAB® hang tabs for point of purchase merchandising.

Continued growth forced the company to move its headquarters to the current facility in Des Plaines, IL. It was here that current owner Karl Hoffman purchased the company from PLICON. With rapid growth, increased capabilities, and technology advances, PLITEK established individual business units to enhance focus on specific new market opportunities.

Today, PLITEK is a global, leading provider of precision die cut components and converted materials for a wide range of industries. Our extensive, vertically integrated converting capabilities include precision die cutting, multi-layer laminating, custom film extrusion, specialty adhesive coating, slitting & rewinding, printing, RFID, and surface treatment. Our value-added services also include material selection assistance, design support, rapid prototyping, clean room manufacturing, and contract assembly & packaging. We focus on providing solutions for our customers and strongly value quality, innovation, hard work, and good business ethics.