Thermal Interface Materials
Thermal interface materials provide a path for heat transfer between a heat-generating device and a cooling plate.
Heat is an unavoidable byproduct of electronic device operation. However, it can degrade performance and damage components if it is not controlled. Thermal interface materials are used in device designs to absorb and redirect heat away from critical device components.
PLITEK® manufactures thermal interface components such as insulator pads, gap pads, and thermal transfer tapes.
- Promotes an increased life expectancy of devices
- Emitted noise reduction
- Improved energy efficiency
- Notably reduced cost
- Automotive batteries
- Home electronics
- Binding heat sinks and spreaders
- Bonding cooling devices to packages
Componenets and materials
- Thermal interface tapes
- Thermal transfer tapes
- Thermal phase change materials
- Thermal gap pads
- Thermal gap fillers
- Thermal films
- Phase change materials
How do you choose a thermal interface material?
Understanding the application is the most important step when selecting the right thermal management materials.
- Surface texture
- Gap size/thickness
- Amount of force that will be applied on the material
- Size of the heat sink/cooling plate
- Thermal impedance
- Expected shelf life
- Component stress level
- Compatibility with the surface it is applied on